So, now that I can actually sew other things again, and after the Swap Your Stash and moving the majority of my stash to my future sewing room at my fiance’s house, I’ve been re-evaluating the stashbusting pledge that I made back in January. And I’ve realized that I may have defined things too narrowly, or put too many restrictions on myself to make this realistic. Especially after realizing things like I can’t use the majority of my dress patterns with my current stash, because the yardages I have are literally not enough!
So, with that in mind, I’m going to alter my pledge. Technically, I haven’t been able to start it yet, so I still can! I’m still going to keep the goal of using up at least 6 pieces of fabric. If I do more, great, go me! But I’m going to add the caveat that I will be allowed to purchase fabrics that are necessary to finish projects–linings in particular, since that is something I’m not likely to have on hand. In addition, I’m going to give myself the allowance that, if I so choose, I will be allowed to purchase one new piece of fabric for every 3 pieces that I use up–I’ll still have more fabric out than in that way, and that way I can have some fun with stash patterns that I wouldn’t be able to use otherwise. Plus, you know how it is–sometimes a girl just needs something new to keep the inspiration flowing! (To keep it fair, I’m using this allowance for garment sewing fabrics only, not things like the curtains that I already have fabric for!)
I’m also in the process of re-counting my current yardage count–I do have some leftovers from more recent projects, like the One Dress, that need to get put in, as well as the things I traded in the Swap Your Stash. So I’ll be back soon(ish) with the new and improved stashbusting tracker. My ultimate goal is still to try and get my stash down to a manageable level, which would be somewhere around 75-100 yards. I’m probably somewhere around 250 right now, so I still have quite a ways to go!