A different test for the One Dress

Lace test- front

Lace test- back

I wanted to work on the dress some tonight, but I didn’t want to work in the basement, because I was cold. So I did this instead…
This is the real fabric! I took the swatch for the silk that I got from Fabric.com, and cut one of the lace motifs from the very edge of that fabric. I wanted to make sure that the edges of the flowers would be ok with that treatment, since the lace isn’t edged very well. But it looks like it’ll be fine.

And since this is the audience that would appreciate this sort of thing–the back. A little messy with the knots, but I’m quite proud of my hand-stitching!

According to the number of songs I got through on iTunes, stitching this one flower took me a little over an hour. Since I was planning on doing this all around the hem of the skirt….yeah, this is going to take awhile. Good thing I’m not doing a train.

Previous dress posts:
Tracing out the pattern
FBA attempt, part 1
FBA attempt, part 2 (with diagonal tuck adjustment)
FBA attempt part 3 (Bodice 2.0)
FBA attempt part 4 (Bodice 3.0)
More fitting 
Fitting with a skirt! 
Bodice speculation
Bodice test 4


8 thoughts on “A different test for the One Dress

  1. The lace flower and hand stirching are very beautiful, from either side! You will have a lot of work with that, but I find that nothing is more relaxing than doing some hours of hand sewing while listening to some audio books or watching nice movies with “half an eye”. Maybe you will enjoy it!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s