Considering that we’re pretty much in Sandy’s direct line of fire, as of when I started writing this (around 10:30 on Monday night), I’ve gotten off pretty easy! It’s been very wet and windy here, but no trees down around my house, and the power hasn’t even flickered. We were, however, under a state of emergency that required staying home. So I just sewed basically all day, other than a little flute practicing break. I can’t say I was sorry that I had a day to do that.
Basically, this is what my dress will look like! When I cut out the skirt pieces on Saturday, I wasn’t sure if the skirt would be full enough that I could comfortably walk in it, but I think it will be fine. I did have to do some tweaking–there was way too much room in the back skirt to match up with the waistband, for sure. And after pinning it all together multiple times, I basically had to shift the top of every seam around so that the skirt seams more or less line up with the darts and seams of the bodice. (Hopefully more.)
I’ll give you a back view while I’m at it. For the record, these pics were taken before the hours I spent tweaking the skirt seams for where they’d line up. And I may need to do some work on the back still, since I’m not sure if those wrinkles count as making a swayback adjustment necessary. But I think I’ll hold off on that one, since I am still going to need to play with some boning, and that might help to straighten it out.
Anyway, I may work on this bodice some more tomorrow, depending on if we have power and if I need to/am not allowed to report into work because we’ll still be under a state of emergency. (I don’t know if we will be or not. I guess I’ll have to wait and see!)