I picked up this paisley cotton several years ago, with the thought of making one of those dirndl-looking dresses with the kind of Asian name (for the life of me, I can’t remember now what those were called!) that were so popular. I never got around to making it, which was probably a good thing. As soon as I saw this really interesting-looking Project Runway pattern, I knew it would be a perfect match. The top is almost corset-looking due to the pleats, and it looks like it’ll be fairly quick to sew. Plus I already have matching fabric that can be turned into the piping trim! I may be considering this for an Easter dress this year, since I actually do have a cardigan that I could wear over top. If I have time to do so.
This one is a new acquisition to my stash, although I got it for free! I’m being highly unoriginal here and making the cap sleeve view–you know, the one that looks like it’s made from the exact same fabric in the sketch. But I’m strongly considering adding some black piping to this one as well to make it look a little sharper. And I’m also planning on fully underlining it, except for perhaps the sleeves. It is a bit see-through.
Another one that’s been in my stash for years. At least since college. I don’t have a pattern to show for this one, because I’ve got a design in mind based on a blouse I saw last spring or summer. So I’m going to Frankenstein a couple of patterns I’ve already played with before for this one. It’s very sheer, but also very neutral, so I think it’ll be a good layering piece.
And then there’s this one, which I’ve shown before. I’ve literally had this one in my queue for at least a year and a half now, but it kept getting pushed aside for other, more needed projects. Well, I’m determined to have this skirt in my closet by the end of spring, because I still really like the mental picture of this fabric and pattern combination. Plus I’ve also been meaning to do a test of the skirt sloper pattern I made in one of those Pattern Review classes a few years ago, and this skirt is just straight enough that I think, between this and my new fitting books, it might be the perfect test.
After I get through these 4 things, it’s time to tackle those Anthropologie pants. The fabric is in, but no pictures because it’s in my laundry, waiting to be washed. And I have a plan of attack in mind. So I’m trying not to load up my sewing queue for this season too much–other than making piping, I don’t think any of these patterns will be overly taxing, and I’d still like to get some refashioning in there, since being a contributor at the Refashion Co-Op has been a lot of fun so far and I’d like to continue to do so.