…for renewing my faith in your magazine. Good thing, since I took the chance to renew it!
I have to admit, I’ve been feeling rather ambivalent towards the last couple of issues– I could generally find one or two things I liked, but overall I was pretty uninspired. But I got my new issue today and found a lot that I liked!
1. Loving this A-line skirt–a good basic silhouette that could go with so much, and it has pockets. That just makes me so happy. And in evaluating my wardrobe, I’ve been thinking I need a basic black A-line skirt, so this could be just the thing.
2. Speaking of basics, I could see myself getting some use out of this blouse as well.
3. I love raglan-sleeve tops, so I think this one will definitely get made! It looks like I could whip it up in no time with my serger.
4. For the first time, I’m actually considering trying a pair of their pants.
5. Isn’t this jacket just so cute? Loving the wide obi-like belt, and seriously wondering if I have anything in my stash that would do it justice.
The site’s not showing pictures for everything, but there was also an adorable 50s-style cropped jacket that I wish so much wasn’t a petite pattern, a suede jacket that I really liked the silhouette of, and another knit top (this one with some bustline gathering) that I think could be a great layering piece…but not in a stripey knit like they did both samples in! So considering that the January issue had only two things I’d even really consider making (ok, with the exception that if I was in the market for a new backpacking fleece, which I’m not, I’d consider this one), I’d say this was a good improvement. Here’s hoping next month keeps up the trend (we’ll see, since it’s the wedding dress issue….)