Remember this? The jeans that I spent so long tweaking the patterns and the muslins and basically spent an entire week sewing together? The jeans that I’ve only had finished for a little over 2 months and have only worn maybe four times tops and haven’t even finished the wardrobe that they were part of yet? Today was a much cooler day than it’s been (mid-70s instead of upper 80s), so I wore them out to the movies tonight. When I came home and took them off to shower, this is what I found. Right in the middle of the backside. I don’t think this one is mendable. And it just makes me really sad, because these jeans were literally years in the making. I don’t know if the denim was just too lightweight to stand up to jeans (it is a rather light denim), or if I did something wrong in the construction, or if I gained a bunch of weight without realizing it. I don’t think it’s the latter, because I made them to not be super-tight and they didn’t feel any different than usual. I’m inclined to think it’s a combination of the first two. But I wish I knew what I did wrong!