I’m rather late at responding to this one, but this was kindly passed on to me by Sharon at Adventures From The Sewing Studio.
(I’m guessing the pic is supposed to be traveling pants? Anyway…)
Ok, rules time:
- Place the award logo on your blog.
- Nominate 10 other blogs which show “Attitude and/or Gratitude”
- Link to the nominees on your blog post.
- Comment on their blog that you have nominated them.
- Share the love and link to the person who nominated you.
Not sure I’ll end up with 10, since I know this has been floating around for a couple days at least, but we’ll see how it goes. In no particular order…
1. Gwen at After the Dress… I absolutely love her Friday Confessions, in which she does a sewing-related “confession” and does an informal comments poll to see what other sewers do, then posts the results the following week. It’s a lot of fun to follow. And another thing that I think is really cool about her blog is when she has momentous blog occasions (blogoversary, x00th post, etc.), instead of the typical handmade object or leftover supplies, she’s given away things that really benefit people– the last one was a gift certificate to a company that sets up microloans to help people in third-world countries start sustainable buisnesses for themselves (she’s got two loans out for seamstresses.)
2. Alviana at Sewn By Alviana. The girl’s not afraid of color, which makes me very happy! And she puts out some great stuff, including a few recent items that were very influential in my deciding to jump into the Burda World of Fashion thing.
3. Hilary at the gleam of rose tea. Her style is way more vintage than me (unless you count the 60s-70s, which tend to inspire me a lot more), but she has a great eye and I can’t help but be inspired by the things she posts. And she’s an amazing photographer!
4. Christina at StinaStuff. I remember how difficult it is to keep up with crafting while you’re in college, and am amazed at how often she’s able to put new stuff up! And she’s also got definite graphic design talent, so it’s fun to see her latest projects for that.
5. Sarah at In A Nutshell, Anachronism. Another college student crafter who turns out some incredible formalwear! And I can’t help but smile every time I see her blog description– “Embracing ‘lost arts’ that aren’t really lost…and learning about life while finding them.” So poetic.
And that’s all I can think of for now, since several of the people I had been thinking had already been nominated. Oh well… getting it means this blog’s supposed to have attitude, and that means not always following the rules, right? 😉 Besides, I want to get back to my sewing!