Eva Jacket progress

Made some good progress on my “muslin” for the jacket over the weekend at T’s house. I got the entire rest of

the body basted together, and was pleased to find that it looks like it’s going to fit me very well with no adjustments. Where I’m running into a little trouble right now is the sleeves– I don’t know if it’s the lack of illustrations in the directions, or that I was trying to do it without the instructions at T’s, or what, but I am having a heck of a time getting this in!

This was my first attempt over the weekend. No, this sleeve is not supposed to be gathered.

Last night’s attempt went a lot better, in that I know the armhole fits the sleeve well and the sleeve, which I lengthened, should be long enough to accomodate my chimp arms. However, upon trying this on, I learned that it’s in backwards! Good thing I’m hand-basting this, or this corduroy would be a mess at the top of the sleeve!

Unless I’m hanging out with one of my friends tonight, which is still up in the air, I should have some time to work on this. At this point, though this isn’t the fabric I was planning on using for my BurdaStyle sewalong jacket, I’m thinking I might just continue on this one. After all, it’s already cut out, except for the lining, and I do still need to test the lining with the shell. And that’ll keep the edges of the cord from getting too badly frayed before I get to it again. Besides, this jacket just happens to be a perfect layering piece with the blouse I just started last week, color and everything!

This was the other project I worked on over the weekend, once I started having trouble with the sleeves and decided to set it aside. This is going to be the trim on a knit shirt (basted to stabilizer since the pieces were cut.) Had a bit of a setback at first– I had metallic embroidery floss, and it became apparent within half an hour that it was going to be way too hard to work with. So with a little help from my friends, the next day I got some regular embroidery floss at the local Michael’s. The colors aren’t entirely accurate in this photo, but I like the way it’s turning out so far– visible, but subtle, which means it’ll go with lots of clothes!

Ok, I need to finish getting ready– open house for my upcoming band teaching job today!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s