Dragonfly wallet

I’m being a slacker this week in blogging… finished this on Sunday, but didn’t get around to taking pics until today. So this is the wallet I made from that skirt.

Took a little longer than anticipated, mainly due to having to hand-sew the binding all the way around. Not to mention the mess with the credit card pockets. But once I got past that, it actually came together really nicely. And I have to say that so far, I love this wallet.
For one thing, the cards fit perfectly– a relief, since in the lining of the Gothic Rose bag they were too loose and often fell out, and in the Wild Horses checkbook cover they were too small and I couldn’t even fit them in.
And the pockets are really nice– the zipper pouch is very easy to get change in and out of (the zipper was also recycled from the original skirt– I haven’t figured out what to put in the velcro pouch yet, but I’m sure it’ll be good.
Also completed on Sunday– the remainder of the bridesmaid necklaces. Which simply consisted of putting the clasps on, measured to fit the girls so they’ll hopefully look like they’re the same length.
I think these are going to be my only craft projects of the week, seeing as how I’m still trying to sort out my work schedule. Once I adjust I’m sure it’ll be easier to find some craft time. I did manage to get a good portion of my sewing area cleaned up though, sort of. The sewing table itself is almost completely clear, at least, and that’s pretty huge. I am hoping to be able to start cutting out my next sewing project on Sunday, though.
Advertisements

3 thoughts on “Dragonfly wallet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s