I’ve been doing some browsing through new blogs this week, thanks to Mom2fur‘s alphabet blog list and a little time to continue digging through the Big List of Sewing Blogs, so not everything I have on here is actually from this past week. But it was still on the front page.
I’ll start with my Crafting a Green World picks of the week.
1. If you’ve been following this blog for any length of time, you’ll know that clothing reconstruction is not a new thing for me– though it’s been at an increasing rate in the last few years, really, I started reconstructing back in high school when I turned a pair of my brother’s unwanted pants into a messenger bag. But I did really enjoy this article, both for the reminder of the positive environmental impact of reconstruction, and for the inspiring clothing pictures.
2. I also liked their recycled paper bag seed packet buisness cards tutorial. Not that it would work for me in the music biz, but it could make a cute party favor or something.
3. I also have two picks from Fairy Threads this week. These flower pillows were just too cute to pass up, and I liked these insulated can wraps— great scrap-user, plus it used batting instead of foam, so it has the potential to be much more eco-friendly.
The last three are from Mom2fur’s picks.
6. This is really from last week, but I didn’t find it till this week so I’m counting it. This little folding tray from Marmadaisy is another great scrap-user (fat quarter size), and I like the origami look of it.
7. I also liked Sew Nancy’s branch decorations (made with real branches!)
Ok, seven seems like a good number. And now I’m off for Baltimore and bachelorette partying, so enjoy your weekend!