You all were busy this week… I have to super-size it!
1. I’ll admit that I’m not a fan of this high-waisted trend. Namely because I’m a flute player, and stuff like that restricts my breathing. However, this shorts version of BurdaStyle’s Bella pants by the ever-so-stylish Koti*Koti is definitely worth a mention for the creative use of stripes alone.
2. Sew, Mama, Sew! hosted a sewing tutorial contest, and posted several rounds of finalists. My favorite picks: cute fabric toe separators for pedicures, a how-to for tightening up the back of jeans to prevent gapping, a quick way to make old bootcuts into Bermuda shorts, and an ice cream cone plushie. Timeliest entry for me was this nursing cover, since I promised a friend I’d make one for her and she’s due in about 3 weeks, and I also have to mention this because, doesn’t that look kind of familiar?
3. ThreadBanger pick of the week: A list of links for DIY headboards. I really like the idea of the padded one, because my Ikea bed has gappage issues between the wall and the mattress! And this one looks like it would be relatively easy.
4. I saw this hoodie on Wardrobe Refashion and thought it was cute.
6. I can’t remember who posted the link to it, but thanks to that person, I found a nice blog that features scrapbook layout sketches, as well as several examples by different people of what can be done with each sketch. Which is always a helpful resource for me, and especially in light of my self-challenge to figure out what exactly my scrapbook style is and improve my layout design.
8. I really liked Assorted Notions’ twisted knit neckline— really spices up an otherwise simple shirt!
9. Crafty Daisies’ kids’ quilt gets a mention, simply due to the fact that she found fabric based on the Hungry Caterpillar book. That just makes me happy.
That’s it for now, and rushing off to work. Happy Friday!