The Doolittle Blouse, part 1

I finished dissecting the men’s shirt over the weekend, and since I had some time today, I started draping it out. I still have a lot of work to do on it– I think I’m going to use the pattern pieces from the last blouse that I made as a guide for cutting the armholes and sleeves. And I think I may need to repin the waist part as it is so far– I’m sitting here looking at it as I type, and I’m not sure if I pinned it crooked or if it’s the dummy being crooked! So far, I’ve used the two front pieces, the cuffs (on the shoulders), half of the back yoke (at the waist) and the back. I’d like to use the bottoms of the sleeves to do the actual sleeves, because I think I need at least one of the tops to have enough fabric for the bottom of the front!
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s