So close, but no peacoat.

Not yet, anyway. I’d thought I could possibly finish it tonight, but it’s not going to happen. For one thing, I’m ridiculously tired and I have to be at the music school at 9:15 for tomorrow’s Halloween concert. For another thing, my machine is being completely uncooperative on the buttonholes– not feeding right, the auto direction change didn’t work on the one I tried on the actual coat and not the scrap fabric and resulted in about 3 inches of bad zigzagging I had to rip out (for a 1 1/8″ button), multiple thread breakages, etc. It just doesn’t make sense– this part of the coat really isn’t that thick! I’m going to have to try it again on one of my mom’s machines– either that or sew it by hand. Which, um, NO. So I guess it’s going to have to wait until Monday. Sigh. I am so ready to move on to a different project.

On a happier note, I did finish the shirt for my costume on Monday. Haven’t taken a picture yet, so at this point I’ll just wait and post a picture after the party tomorrow night. Better effect that way anyway, since then it’s with the skirt and the wings and makeup and all. Turned out nice, I thought– the topstitching really helped under the empire waist, and other than a little bit of stretching at the top from the lycra in the nylon, it fits well.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s