Tie-dye dress, finished!

It’s finally done! And I must say, overall I’m very pleased with the results. It’s not too often that something comes out almost exactly as I’d pictured it in my head, which makdes the times it does all the sweeter. I did have to make a few modifications to the original design– the midriff panel wasn’t pleated, since I realized when pleating the skirt that there was no way it would stitch down correctly and still look good, but since the fabric’s subtly pleated anyway it still has that look. And I wasn’t originally planning on binding the armholes as well as the neckline, but it just ended up being easier in the end.

I did have a little mishap with the midriff panel in the back–accidentally sewed in one of the pieces the wrong way, colorwise, but other than a little bit at the one side seam, it’s not very noticeable. And the top of the zipper doesn’t look quite as nice as I’d hoped it would, but hopefully that’s not noticeable either.

Now if I can just figure out how to get both ends of the tie going the same way…

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Tie-dye dress, finished!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s