Still no pics of the overalls. But I haven’t been completely unproductive this week. I’m also making a baby fleece hoodie, and all I have left to do on that is sew on the hood and sew in the zipper– I cut it out and got the main body sewed together on Monday night, and last night I got the pockets sewn on and the hem done. I’ve also been painstakingly ripping the trim off of a previously reconned t-shirt so I can recon it again. I liked the concept of it, but since the edges of the resulting tank were all covered in grosgrain ribbon, it proved to be a little stiff and sometimes uncomfortable to wear at the top. Plus I’d prefer to restyle it so that it’s a little longer. So once I get all the trim off, I’ll have to see if I can scrounge up some knit to work with at the thrift store so I can restyle it.
I’m also trying to figure out where to start with my next recon project.
This is a shirtdress I made several years ago that I stopped wearing, partially because the ties ripped out of the back and partially because I decided I didn’t like the style on me. It’s hard to tell from the picture, but the print is very Asian-esque, with some kind of fruit (too pink for plum, but the fruits are too large for cherry) blossoms and little dark green people–I think it’s geishas and samurai, but I’m not totally certain. Anyway, since I refuse to pick up on the pink and I couldn’t find a good green to go with, I’ve gotten some tan cotton to work with. The end product I’m envisioning is very similar to this (though I had that picture in my head before I stumbled on the anthropologie dress, really!) It won’t be identical–I’m trying to work out in my head how to get a v-neck look on this with the fabric trim, without it being too low-cut for my comfort. And I may end up with a tunic rather than a dress, since I do like the idea of the 3/4 sleeve with the trim so we’ll see how much of the bottom I need to craft sleeves.