Wow, I think this may be the first time I’ve come to this page and didn’t have to re-log in because Blogger never remembers me, no matter what I tell it. 😛
Anyway, I spent the majority of my afternoon crafting, and completed another project and a half for the swap (it would have been two, but I have to reglue something.) And I had an idea to make a polyclay bracelet, but I realized that the bracelet, more likely than not, would not work. I still made stuff with the clay. I’ve just had to rethink what I was going to do with it, and I hope it turns out. But sendouts are on Saturday, so hopefully I can get these things worked out quickly.
I’ve also decided I’m going to redo this shirt:
This is one I designed a couple years ago, and I still love the concept. However, I don’t love the fit so much– the empire waist really doesn’t fit me right at all, and I’m tired of it quasi-falling off my shoulders. Not to mention that, despite the fabric being rather thick and, in theory, warm, I realized this morning that the very open neckline makes me very cold. So I think this might be my first major redo for the Wardrobe Refashion, since I checked my stash and I easily have enough fabric to make some modifications, especially since I can reuse the sleeves for sure, and most likely the bottom portion of the front and at least part of the back. I think I’d like to change a few other things, like instead of it lacing to fit in the back like it does now I’d like to make that more of a decorative element on a more fitted shirt, because right now I get this weird bulge of fabric above the lacing, so I may need to add a zipper. And I’d definitely like less skin showing, especially in the back, because my shoulders got so cold this morning. I have a pattern which I think I could probably adapt for the top portion of the bodice (I just need to dig into my summer clothes for the top I made with it so I can check the fit), but if not, it’ll be an interesting experiment in pattern drafting.