The swap stuff is done, and sent out as of yesterday. So now all I have to do is sit back and wait to see what I get in return!
I’ve come to the conclusion that before I can do anything else, I reeeeally need to clean up my sewing area. (And possibly my room, since it’s scrapbook/jewelry making central and right now I have no room to spread out.) I spent some time clearing off most of the sewing table yesterday, and I got some storage bins today to get my more recent fabric acqusitions that are to be made promptly into fall wardrobe out of the way. The difficult thing is going to be tackling the area between my sewing table and the wall, which is currently piled high with large leftover pieces from other projects, bags of patterns (which no longer fit in the storage boxes I have) and other miscellaney. I might have to actually throw away fabric. A horrible thought! But then, several of those larger pieces are things like fleece I was given, which I have no immediate idea what to do with, or other random things. I just hate throwing away larger pieces, because you never know when you can find something to do with it. For instance, I used some for the recent craft swap. But something has to be done, because I keep losing things to go with my projects, and I have no room to maneuver in there because of the piles. Augh!
Edit: (5:30 PM) So far, I’ve managed to get the large cuts of fabric that I (mostly) have plans for what I’m going to do with them in a storage box, along with patterns and notions, in the order I’m going to do them in. So here’s the dreaded to-do list:
- Black corduroy military-style jacket
- Brown and teal ethnic-print skirt (before I lose the trim again and have to buy it a third time)
- Teal knit shirt that just happens to match the aforementioned skirt
- Gauzy metallic-pinstriped tunic
- Gold embroidered silky dress and matching shrug-coverup thing (which I realized today that, unless I want vertical stripes of embroidery, I need to rethink my pattern, or come up with my own)
- Blue stripey pants
- Tan brocade coat
- Flannel pajamas
- White sleeveless tunic (inspired by Anthropologie again, and by the time I actually make it I won’t be able to wear it until next summer because I ran out of time this summer, but I already have the stuff, so oh well.)
- Paisley sundress (which, again, I intended to make this summer and ran out of time.)
I think that’s everything…
So except for the last three, everything is more or less straight up from a commercial pattern. I have been attempting to reduce my dependence on patterns lately, but all of these patterns look like they’ll be good as is, so I’ll just churn out the much-needed fall wardrobe things first and then play around a bit more.
Edit #2: (11:30 PM) Managed to get the rest of the fabric pile consolidated down into one bin, mostly. Still need to figure out what to do with all the scattered patterns. And, because I could, I cut out the outer part of the jacket. I’m really glad I was able to find the wale-less corduroy, since that had been exactly what I’d envisioned when I first picked up the pattern, and it just feels lush and yummy. (And easier to wash than velvet, which is great when you work with kids.)